NE Solutions were extremely proud and honoured to have received the Switched on Business Award from the local government sustainability initiative Switch Your Thinking.
We are the first South-East Metropolitan Perth business to have received a Switched On Business Award, which recognises and celebrates businesses that act sustainably.
City of Gosnells Mayor Glenn Dewhurst presented the award to us on 29th November 2017, at our ‘home’ office in Wheatley Street.
“It has always been my primary aim for NE Solutions, that we try to re-love and re-use as much as possible, when we downsize or clear a deceased estate; and in our own office.” says Jay Shaw, Director/Senior Move Manager
Keeping what isn’t wanted away from the landfill, and minimising waste by re-homing as much as possible – is not only better for the environment, but we also assist the community”
Below are just some of the ways NE Solutions achieved the Switched on Business Award:-
- Collect used batteries, light bulbs etc.. and dispose in the recycle/used appropriate areas
- Recycle shredded paper – to animal facilities or composts.
- Upcycle/re-use unwanted furniture to charities.
- Pay-it forward unwanted food/groceries from downsized/deceased estates.
- Purchase recycled printing paper from local suppliers.
- Furnished the office with 2nd handed furniture from phones, rugs and sofas in the common area.
- Re-use glass coffee jars to present the free coffee/tea facilities offered to clients upon arrival.
- Recycle print cartridges, mobile phones, spectacles and electronics through various channels.
- Reuse packing materials during removal jobs – this reduces use and makes it a cheaper option for clients.
- Company provided reusable water bottles for staff.
- Hand towels used instead of paper towels, washed in environmentally friendly detergent.
If you would like to nominate either your business or another local business, then go to the Switch Your Thinking web page.